Newest information on Mississippi murders involving African Americans and/or Mississippi politicians and leaders.
on your site! Fast, Easy & Free! (El Movimiento por los Derechos Civiles en Estados Unidos)
Web Mail Message
A leader of the African American community in Benton Harbor, Michigan needs our support, and he needs it now! Please read, respond and widely circulate this email.
Help Defend the People's Voice in Benton Harbor, Michigan!
In Benton Harbor, Michigan, residents last year won a recall vote of a corrupt
city commissioner through a successful campaign led by BANCO (Black
Autonomy Network Community Organization). Then, in an attempt to
circumvent the will of the people, the vote was overturned by a local
judge. In a further outrage, community leader Rev. Edward Pinkney of
BANCO was arrested on trumped-up charges of alleged vote fraud. He faces
a possible sentence of twenty years. His trial is set for March 15,
2006. BANCO won't back down and we need your help. We can't let
authorities disenfranchise voters and squash dissent in Benton Harbor,
*** 10 REASONS TO DONATE $10 TO BANCO'S LEGAL DEFENSE FUND ***
1) Support the right of Benton Harbor citizens to take a stand against a
corrupt political and judicial system
2) Defend the right of Benton Harbor residents to speak out against
injustice without intimidation and reprisals (two key witnesses for the
defense were recently arrested and imprisoned)
3) Stop the disenfranchisement of Benton Harbor voters (a valid recall
election was overturned)
4) Support BANCO's fight against brutality and sexual harassment by police
5) Help balance the odds for activists in a community with 90%
unemployment and under-employment (material aid is needed)
6) Defend our friend and colleague Rev. Pinkney from an unjust tria"